Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Silent Night

<a href="http://tonypartida.bandcamp.com/track/silent-night">Silent Night by Tony Partida</a>
In the first semester of 2001, I finished the last of my education at Middle Tennessee State University. During that time, I wrote an arrangement of Silent Night, because, I wanted to write an arrangement! I ended up using that arrangement for a MIDI lab class, and made a very different version of the same arrangement. After seeing the positive reactions from that song, I decided that the original recording deserved a little more attention. This is that recording. I put the song on mp3.com, which, back then, was a very prominent and popular website. It got some airplay on an independent radio station during Christmas that year, and everyone I know says I should have done more with it. I thought about re-recording it with the same arrangement and instrumentation, but then, what's the point, really? So relax, get some figgy pudding, a big bowl of sugar plums, and allow "Silent Night" to lay a big yule log of joy in the hearth of your heart!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment