Sunday, February 28, 2010

Help Us to Get Through - A Song for the Unemployed

<a href="http://tonypartida.bandcamp.com/track/help-us-to-get-through-a-song-for-the-unemployed">Help Us to Get Through - A Song for the Unemployed by Tony Partida</a>
I wrote this song while I was unemployed (big surprise there, right?). I had, for the first time, experienced the feeling of the loss of a job due to no fault of my own. The feeling of rejection that one experiences can lead to depression, and a feeling of being trapped in a welfare system that can actually keep you sustained better than if you were working, depending on the job itself. This gives you a hopeless feeling that you will never be able to find another job that pays well enough. Not to mention that the job market itself right now is barely existent, causing competition that is so fierce, that "what you know" is almost not a factor in your "hireability" (if that's a word). Anyway, for those of you who might be thinking "Wow, he's such a pessimist," my complete outlook on life is actually much brighter than portrayed in this song. The purpose of this song is to, for lack of a better word, "capitalize" on the feelings that getting laid off from your "what you thought was a good" job, and being thrown to the wolves of the current job market, can create. So, to those who can relate to the message this song sends, I say this: things are never as bad as they seem, and eventually, you will have to face the fact that things are going to get better, and the only one who will make things worse is you. The loss of a job is really not so much a "loss" as it is an opportunity for you to make things better for yourself and your family. Now, some will jump on that bandwagon with guns loaded and go as far as to say that you are the only one in control of your future, and you are the only means to the end you may recieve. Anyone who is a bible believing Christian knows better than this, as our belief is that God is in control of things, not us. Anyone who does not believe in God should also know better, because of this simple law of nature that states "Anything that can go wrong will". The answer to all this? Be as prepared as you can be. My two cents are: save your money, live below your means, keep a realistic perspective on life, and have some faith, because the God of the Bible is real. He reveals his existence to us as we have faith in Him, not the other way around. Why? I guess He likes it that way. Is it always that way? No. Why? I don't know, ask God. All I know is that he has made his presence in my life very real to me, but it has always been after I have excercised my faith in Him. Off the soapbox now. Enjoy the song, everyone! More "positive" things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment